Connect with us

World

1300-year-old Lord Vishnu temple discovered in Pakistan’s Swat district | Trending News in India

Published

on

1300-year-old Lord Vishnu temple discovered in Pakistan's Swat district | Trending News in India Trending News in India

Peshawar: A Hindu temple, believed to have been constructed 1,300 years ago, has been discovered by Pakistani and Italian archaeological experts at a mountain in northwest Pakistan’s Swat district. The discovery was made during an excavation at Barikot Ghundai.

Announcing the discovery on Thursday, Fazle Khaliq of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Department of Archaeology said that the temple discovered is of Lord Vishnu. It was built by the Hindus 1,300 years ago during the Hindu Shahi period, he said.

The Hindu Shahis or Kabul Shahis (850-1026 CE) was a Hindu dynasty that ruled the Kabul Valley (eastern Afghanistan), Gandhara (modern-day Pakistan), and present-day northwestern India.

During their excavation, the archaeologists also found traces of cantonment and watchtowers near the temple site. The experts also found a water tank near the temple site which they believe was used by the Hindus for bathing before worship. Khaliq said that Swat district is home to thousand-year-old archaeological sites and the traces of the Hindu Shahi period have been found for the first time in the area.

Dr Luka, the head of the Italian archaeological mission, said this was the first temple of the Ghandhara civilisation discovered in Swat district.

Swat district is among the top 20 sites in Pakistan which is home to every kind of tourism like natural beauty, religious tourism, cultural tourism and archaeological sites.

Several places of worship of Buddhism are also situated in Swat district.

Live TV


Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Trending News in India.
https://zeenews.india.com/world/1300-years-old-lord-vishnu-temple-discovered-in-pakistans-swat-district-2325777.html

World

Earth had a minimoon for around 3 years before it drifted away few months ago | Trending News in India

Published

on

Earth had a minimoon for around 3 years before it drifted away few months ago | Trending News in India Trending News in India

Earlier this year, a minimoon was found orbiting Earth by a group of astronomers. The minimoon has now drifted away but astronomers said that more such minimoons will be found orbiting Earth in the future.

The minimoon was first spotted by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona. The astronomers spotted a dim object called 2020 CD3 in February but they were not sure whether it was a a minimoon or an artificial object like a rocket booster. But Grigori Fedorets at Queen’s University Belfast and his team used several telescopes to observe the object closely in order to find out more about its composition and other details.

Fedorets and his team found that the celestial body had a diameter of about 1.2 metres and it was probably made of silicate rock. “Based on simulations, the average capture time for minimoons is only nine months, so this was captured for a longer time than is expected,” says Fedorets. “But this object flew very close to the [regular] moon, and that put it into a more stable orbit.”

According to astronomers Minimoon or 2020 CD3 drifted out of the orbit of Earth in March, but the researchers are hopeful that once the Vera C. Rubin Observatory is completed in Chile it will help in detecting many more objects like it.

“We could detect a minimoon once every two or three months in the best-case scenario. In the worst case scenario, maybe once a year,” Fedorets was quoted as saying by newscientist.com.


Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Trending News in India.
https://zeenews.india.com/world/earth-had-a-minimoon-for-around-3-years-before-it-drifted-away-few-months-ago-2326483.html

Continue Reading

World

United Kingdom ‘s four nations to relax COVID-19 restrictions to save Christmas | Trending News in India

Published

on

United Kingdom 's four nations to relax COVID-19 restrictions to save Christmas | Trending News in India Trending News in India

LONDON: The four nations of the United Kingdom have agreed to relax COVID-19 restrictions for Christmas to allow up to three households to meet at home for five days.

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have taken differing approaches to handle the pandemic so far but the leaders of the devolved nations reached an agreement with London on Tuesday on rules governing the festive period.

Three households will be able to form a “Christmas bubble”, allowing them to meet up at home, places of worship and in outdoor public places but not at indoor hospitality or entertainment venues from December 23 until December 27 under the plans.

“People want to be with their loved ones and those close to them for what is the most important holiday of the year,” senior minister Michael Gove said on Tuesday.

Limits on travel will also be scrapped so that people can meet up, with an additional day on either side for those going to and from Northern Ireland.

A national lockdown in England is due to end next week after which different parts of the country will face varying restrictions as part of a tiered system announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

A decision is expected later this week on which areas will fall into the different categories.

The United Kingdom has one of the highest tolls from the coronavirus pandemic, reaching 55,838 deaths within 28 days of a positive test, according to government data published on Tuesday.

“The virus won’t take time off, so please be cautious,” said Scotland`s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon. “If you can, stay at home with your own household.”


Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Trending News in India.
https://zeenews.india.com/world/united-kingdom-s-four-nations-to-relax-covid-19-restrictions-to-save-christmas-2326432.html

Continue Reading

World

Twin blasts in Afghanistan’s Bamiyan province kill 17, injure more than 50 | Trending News in India

Published

on

Twin blasts in Afghanistan's Bamiyan province kill 17, injure more than 50 | Trending News in India Trending News in India

Kabul: As many as 17 people have been killed and more than 50 people were injured in two explosions in Afghanistan`s Bamiyan city, which is one of the most secure provinces, on Tuesday.

Citing local officials, TOLO News reported that the explosions happened in a local market in the city of Bamiyan, the center of Bamiyan province.

Till now, no group has claimed responsibility for the blasts.

This is the first time that such explosions are happening in the province as Bamiyan is one of the most secured provinces and is visited by thousands of tourists every year, TOLO News said.

This comes amid President Ashraf Ghani, during the meeting on Regional Cooperation on Afghanistan, reiterating that a strong regional consensus is essential to create sustainable peace.

Speaking on the measures that will help Afghanistan, the President further said, “Taking advantage of the consensus among regional leaders on the centrality of regional cooperation and connectivity, develop a process and a strategy for political consensus on cooperation and support for peace and prosperity in Afghanistan and an investment program to enhance regional connectivity.” 


Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Trending News in India.
https://zeenews.india.com/world/twin-blasts-in-afghanistans-bamiyan-province-kill-17-injure-more-than-50-2326433.html

Continue Reading

Trending